E-Cig Set up
Direct E-Cig uses only the latest technology for electronic cigarettes.
The basic components are a battery, cartomizer and charging unit.
When you receive your kit, please follow these recommendations:
1) Remove the battery and place aside
2) Remove the wall charger and cord. Firmly place the appropriate end of the cord into the wall charger.
Plug the other end into your 110v wall outlet.
3) Screw the battery into the wall charger in a clock wise motion *Do Not Over Tighten
4) When battery contact point mates with the charging unit, the indicator light on the charger will turn red if the battery needs to be charged. When battery is fully charged the indicator light will be green**.
Make sure not to overcharge the battery!
5) Once battery is fully charged it is ready for use.
6) Screw the atomizer into the battery in a clockwise motion. Do Not Over Tighten as this will reduce or cut off the airflow and possibly damage the threads on the battery.
7) Remove one of your cartridges from its protective bag. Remove the plastic end cap. Slide the cartridge over the atomizer so it fits snugly.
8) Take one or two short, slow puffs to charge the atomizer then take one long slow puff.
You can adjust the amount of vapor you receive by regulating the length of your puff.
Please remember, drawing hard or quickly will not give you more vapor. Long, slow puffs will give you the maximum amount of vapor.
9) If you notice a decrease in the amount of smoke or vapor you are either running out of smoke solution and need to replace your cartomizer or cartridge or your battery is losing its charge. Ensure your battery is charged before replacing your cartridge or cartomizer.
**Do Not Use the battery until it has been fully charged.
Failure to charge the battery before use will result in damage possibly rendering it inoperable and will void your warranty!
Like all electronic components your Direct E-Cig electronic cigarette does require some basic maintenance to ensure a long, trouble free experience. Please follow the guidelines below :
- Make sure you battery is charged
- Do not overcharge your battery. While there is a micro chip in the battery that regulates various activities the battery will burn up if overcharged for a long period of time.
- Every couple of days, take a paper towel or Q Tip and gently clean the contact area just above the threads on the battery. If your battery stops working for any reason, always try this first before calling customer support.
- Another possible reason for the battery to stop working for a few minutes is drawing too long or too many times in a short period of time. The sensor will shut down for several minutes if this happens.
- Make sure to only open cartomizers when you are ready to use them. If you open them prior to use and leave them laying around, the smoke solution will work its way out and you will get a mouthful of liquid when you go to use it. They will be fine when screwed into the battery, just don’t leave them laying around without being attached or with the protective covers.
And that is about all there is to using and maintaining your Direct E-Cig electronic cigarette.
If you have any questions, give us a call at 888-217-9026